- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 19 August 2022
- Job Ref: J6334
** Remote if based in Ireland, hybrid if based in Cork or Kilkenny **
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are an enthusiastic, curious, imaginative developer with a passion for technology and looking to expand your career in a fast-paced dynamic company. You have a desire to be part of a constantly evolving high performing team responsible for the full development lifecycle of new products utilising latest agile best practises. You are seeking to be exposed to a wide variety of technology to help you grow and evolve your skillset. You thrive on consistency and helping others accomplish their goals.
Day-to-day, you will:
· Work within a small high performing cross-functional team delivering a variety of solutions across our applications.
· Work closely with product owners, UX designers, developers and QA to solve problems faced by our customers every day.
· Get to use the latest Devops tooling to accelerate delivery of your solutions to market – these tools help us achieve things such as observability, feature flagging, static code analysis.
· Be involved in every aspect of design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies.
· Support the team’s sprint deliverables, through proactive contribution to planning, ownership of tasks, identification of dependencies and basic risk management.
· Help to ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, and clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate.
· Hone your problem-solving skills, by Analysing, identifying and fixing root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application.
· Actively work in a quality focussed approach within the team, showing ownership for QA activities.
· Enhance your skillset and knowledge by testing own work and that of others to ensure quality.
As a well-rounded Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
· Degree with relevance e.g. Computer Science.
· Experience of using restful APIs for integration.
· Use of source controls systems, e.g. Git, Azure DevOps.
· Oracle PL/SQL knowledge is an advantage.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Strong troubleshooting skills, log analysis, etc.
· Self-starter who will get tasks going, and Drive to completion.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills, including ability to multi-task across different projects, releases and work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!