- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 11 February 2022
- Job Ref: J4726
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
What are we all about?
We are the leading provider of hospitality software solutions in the UK for very good reason. We have developed Purchase to Pay technology which has revolutionised the hospitality procurement marketplace. Our solutions have been specifically tailored to address a control requirement within the hospitality industry with the clear objective of improving efficiency, increasing profitability and significantly streamlining processes. Our comprehensive suite of tools integrate with each other, providing you with a single touch point to control all your business costs in one easy to use system.
- You are a dynamic, skilled developer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do.
- You are strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team.
- You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an agile scrum environment.
- You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic company. You will be expected to mentor more junior members of the team, contribute to planning sessions and design technical solutions as well as guide the technical evolution of products.
- Able to communicate well with team members, and can clearly communicates progress, and potential risks to progress, as early as possible to the Dev Lead and agile team.
- Able to actively participate in requirements' reviews and refinement
- Able to read existing code, make guided changes to it and debug it
- Able to write code that is easy to read, to understand and DRY; able to refactor small sections of code with guidance without introducing bugs; able to write unit tests for pure functions;
- Able to trigger deployments, demonstrate understanding of environments and use project specific dev tools.
- Able to follow pre-defined source control procedure, committing and merging code, dealing with conflicts
- Able to narrow down and highlight areas of concern and propose why the issue may be happening.
- Understands some basic principles of QA, including: why QA is necessary, objectives, QA activities, who should be involved in QA, the importance of defect tracking. Takes responsibility for quality of own work.
- Able to provide accurate estimates for Sprint items, through refinement and planning. Inputs into planning in terms of their capacity, ensuring they understand scope, risk and complexity of work.
- Understands the ceremonies and Dev activities within a sprint, and the order they should occur, and actively participates in achieving these.
- Able to apply generic programming best practices, e.g., SOLID design principle, ensure quality of the written code through unit testing.
- Demonstrates working product knowledge and aware of the value of any development
- Aware of the common design patterns in the technology they use, writes clear & self-documenting code, organises methods and classes appropriately. Understands the basics of exception handling.
- Recognises the need for continuous improvement and actively participates in team retrospectives
Day-to-day, you will:
- Develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies, provided that the solution was agreed with a more senior developer role.
- Requirements review and refinement to identify and prevent potential defects
- Debugging: Analyse, identifies and fixes root cause of defects in the familiar area of an application
- Work with the project specific branching strategy, committing, merging and dealing with conflicts
- Deploy to environments using predefined build and deployment pipes, and use project specific development tools
- Collaborate with QA team and demonstrate increasing understanding of quality best practice
- Understand the business logic that applies in the worked area
- Continuously learn both development tools and technologies used in the worked project as well as other development tools and technologies
- Clearly report progress both verbally and in writing, keeping tracking systems up to date
- With experience as a well-rounded Development Manager, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- C# and .NET Framework 4.8
- Microsoft ASP.NET Entity Framework
- Microsoft ASP.NET MVC and WebAPI
- HTML, CSS – including Less
- Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Profiling
- Software Design patterns
- Git version control
- Experience developing performant, scalable SaaS web-based systems
- Understanding agile software development principles and practices
- Understanding technical issues and considerations and provide constructive feedback to the development team and other stakeholders
- Excellent documentation skills, attention to detail and an ability to communicate detailed technical issues to stakeholders and to the internal business/project team
- Experience using JIRA or similar software packages for managing work
What does Access offer you?