- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 06 March 2024
- Job Ref: J11079
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 40,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are a dynamic, skilled engineer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do. You are a strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team. You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an agile scrum environment. You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic company. You will be expected to mentor more junior members of the team, contribute to planning sessions and architect technical solutions as well as guide the technical evolution of products.
- Minimum 3-year experience as Cloud / DevOps engineer
- Cloud Providers: Azure, AWS, GCP (any)
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Cloud Formation, AWS CDK, Serverless Framework
- Build / Release Tools: Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Jenkins
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- Configuration Management: Ansible, PowerShell DSC
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Good understanding of SQL
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum processes
- Good understanding of CI/CD concepts
- Get to know the development team’s world (source control, builds, backlogs, sprints, Agile etc) but also to bring the development team closer to the operational team’s world (Infrastructure, OS, security, scripting, monitoring, etc.)
- Promote DevOps culture and adoption of CI/CD principles throughout the organisation
- Define key metrics/logging and implement tooling that will provide all key stakeholders with information that will help identify improvements to the service on behalf of the customer
- Ensure that key non-functional requirements around availability, security and performance are met before any product is made available to customers
- Keep ahead of latest cloud technologies and driving relevant adoption to improve services
- Collaborate with QA team and demonstrate increasing understanding of quality best practice
- Understands the business logic that applies in the worked area
- Continuously learn both development tools and technologies used in the worked project as well as other development tools and technologies
- Clearly report progress both verbally and in writing, keeping tracking systems up to date
As a well-rounded DevOps Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- A passion for software and technology
- Quick learning capability, easily picking up new technical concepts
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Open and collaborative style
- Problem solver
- Creative and innovative
- Can commit to delivering and maintaining high standards
- Manage time efficiently and effectively
- Pragmatic, competitive and driven to continuous learning/improvement
- Development and deployment of Enterprise SaaS solutions.
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company