Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this passion that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
You are a dynamic individual who can manage their own workload, understands customer communication and delivering a quality service for our user base. Has good inter-personal skills. Is well organised and practical, with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving. Pays careful, close attention to detail.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Support the service delivery team for database requests.
• Manage all the SQL maintenance tasks across the estate
• Actively monitor and respond to SQL server availability and performance
• Build and optimise new SQL environments
• Perform regular upgrades to SQL servers
As a well-rounded DBA, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Skills specialising in SQL technologies such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle.
• Experience of configuring and maintaining a large SQL server estate on multiple versions
between SQL 2014 – SQL 2019
• An understanding of high availability architectures for SQL server
• Experience in optimizing complex SQL code
• Understanding the best practices for SQL security
• Must be self-motivated and passionate about service delivery to a high standard.
• Ability to learn new and varied skills within the Access Group support environment.
• Ability to coach other members of staff and impart knowledge in an effective manner
• Ability to work well under pressure and within given timescales.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our wellbeing days taking you to 25 days leave a year (rules apply) and a health contribution you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have 3 charity days you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.