- Location: Kuala Lumpur
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted 21 days ago
- Sector: Hosting & Infrastructure
- Expiry Date: 01 April 2023
- Job Ref: J8372
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
You’ll have an inquisitive mind, always asking yourself why something is happening and what it means. You love learning new things and taking on new challenges, and enjoy working in teams to solve problems and deliver solutions. You will have a degree in a relevant subject (or equivalent experience) and 3-5 years in a data-centred role, delivering data modelling solutions for business impact.
You’re analytical, passionate about data, modelling and communicating insights to enable us to make more data driven decisions and add value to the business as well as developing modelling products to customers to support them to be their best. You’ll be part of the Data Science Team, within the Data Solutions Center of Excellence (DS CoE), delivering machine learning and AI models for internal and external clients for a wide range of applications and using a wide range of data. You will contribute to building and leading a new data science team in Malaysia.
This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting new team within a fast-growing organisation. You will enjoy working in an agile team environment and contributing your unique voice and experience to the diversity that makes the team successful.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Manage relationships with individuals and teams outside of the DS CoE who require or use data products.
- Help stakeholders to understand the art of the possible as regards data science solutions in their domains; work with them to design and deliver impactful data science projects.
- Undertake data cleaning and transformation to produce analysis datasets from both structured and unstructured data sources.
- Create and deliver statistical/ML/AI models with clear delivery and impact strategies to improve business performance.
- Develop reports or apps for deployment to users that satisfy user stories.
- Maintain active data products through fixes and regular updates.
- Collaborate closely with the Data Science team and the broader DS CoE within an agile framework to deliver data products from end-to-end.
- Work to a high ethical standard, and understand frameworks for data protection and ethical
- Contribute to recruitment, management and development of data science staff in Malaysia.
Your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- You will have a degree in a relevant subject (or equivalent experience) and 3-5 years industry experience in a data-centred role, delivering end-to-end data solutions in a production environment.
- You will have substantial experience coding in Python, including data wrangling, model building and data visualisation.
- You will have experience in developing, testing and evaluating statistical or machine learning models on real data in a business experience, including for example customer segmentation, churn, cross-sell models.
- You may have experience with methods from operational research, anomaly detection or natural language processing.
- You will have experience in integrating data products into user environments.
- You have a critical mind, always looking out for things that don’t look right and trying to understand them.
- You have experience in managing projects to successful outcomes and bringing teams together to accomplish a goal.
- You’re a team player who is resourceful, meticulous and able to multitask. You don’t shy away from rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in.
- You are prepared to go outside of your comfort zone and willing to fail fast to progress.
- You are proactive and solutions-focused, always looking for a way around roadblocks.
- You’re resilient and comfortable with uncertainty and change.
- You are a direct, honest, transparent and supportive communicator.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our wellbeing days taking you to 25 days leave a year and a health contribution you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have 3 charity days you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.