Back to job search
Register your interest for future Data Scientist roles at our London office!
Whilst we are not currently recruiting, we are always keen to find the best talent for Access and would love to hear from you so we can be in touch soon and be ready when we are recruiting again.
To keep everyone safe, we’ve become 100% virtual.
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are a motivated self-starter, someone that will help us learn more about your domain and work collaboratively with our engineering and product functions. This is a great opportunity to shape Data Science in our business, and take ownership of the outcomes, processes and tools.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Work closely with stakeholders to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
• Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation
• Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
• Test data mining models to select the most appropriate ones for use on a project
• Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results
• Create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business
• Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods
• Horizon scan to stay up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods
• Conduct research from which you'll develop prototypes and proof of concepts
• Look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across other functions in the organisation
• Stay curious and enthusiastic about using algorithms to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work
• Own the organisation's data science strategy
• Establish new systems and processes and look for opportunities to improve the flow of data
As a well-rounded Data Scientist, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• proficient in using languages such as Python or R
• excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• experience in database interrogation and analysis tools (such as SQL)
• exceptional communication and presentation skills in order to explain your work to people who don't understand the mechanics behind data analysis
• effective listening skills in order to understand the requirements of the business
• drive and the resilience to try new ideas if the first one doesn't work - you'll be expected to work with minimal supervision, so it's important that you're able to motivate yourself
• planning, time management and organisational skills
• great attention to detail
• collaboration skills and an approach to sharing ideas and finding solutions
Register your CV with us today for our future hires, please note this isn't a live vacancy.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
about 1 month ago