- Sector: Marketing
- Expiry Date: 25 June 2021
- Job Ref: J3526
Job Title: Marketing Data Analyst
Reporting to: Director of Marketing Analytics & Operations
The Data Analyst is responsible for managing data requests from start to finish from key stakeholders in Divisional and Central Marketing teams. Interrogating Access Data sources based on requirement, extracting relevant information, formatting as required and outputting ensuring high levels of quality control.
Creating Targeting and Segmentation lists for campaign execution in our Automated Marketing Platform or loading to Access Customer Relationship Management cloud. Building reports to show the effectiveness and impact of these campaign lists.
Extracting and processing multiple data sources, cleansing, applying business rules, creating calculated fields and pseudo attributes. Loading processed data into tables for visualisation, deep analysis and to be used to create data models.
Support the development and implementation of the Access data lake for advanced analytics, and BI reporting for the divisional and central marketing teams.
This is an exciting new opportunity to provide analytical skills to deliver real business impact within a highly dynamic team. The role sits in the Marketing Analytics & Operations team that serves as a centralised knowledge hub that owns, develops, and deploys key Marketing and Business Development processes, platforms and analytical assets to the Access divisional and central marketing teams.
- Manage Marketing Data Extracts to the business requirements and specification provided, challenge request and look to provide added value.
- Create Targeting and Segmentation clusters based on whether they are cross-sell, up-sell or new business opportunities.
- Convert business rules and use cases into the Extract Transform and Load layer to process and merge data across the different data sources.
- Visualise data in easy-to-understand manner and navigation way to enable self-serve functionality for marketing users.
- Match external data to internal systems, where matches are found validate and load. Provide reporting to show match and rejection rates with the reason why where not loaded.
- Daily Quality Control of automated process and reports, trouble shoot if there are issues and escalate accordingly.
- First line response to stakeholders data and reporting questions or concerns, log resolve or escalate. Build up a library of FAQ’s for these scenarios.
- The candidate is expected to be dynamic, flexible and with a high-energy level as this is a demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional Data, analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Consistent collaboration with business users and analyse user requirements
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as collaborating with the team
- Strong knowledge of Tableau or other major Business Intelligence tools
- Development experience working with SQL, Python, R, SAS or Alteryx and databases
- Experience using Sales CRM, marketing automation and web analytics platforms
- Exceptional technical troubleshooting skills
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Proven experience with data wrangling, Targeting and Segmentation, building visualisation of data and implementing high value-add solutions
- Performing data analysis and reporting activities in a volatile and fast paced environment