- Sector: Finance
- Expiry Date: 20 January 2021
- Job Ref: J2626
Credit Risk Analyst
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Reporting to the Head of Risk, you‘ll be responsible for credit risk assessments and underwriting
- Working through varied tasks at a fast pace, you will complete credit risk analysis demonstrating both insight and understanding across both financial statements and relevant non-financial information. You’ll be making recommendations from this, for approval via the appropriate sanctioning authority.
- Communicating your decisions/rationale in a clear and concise manner, you’ll proactively engage with internal stakeholders and our clients to find solutions to best manage our risk.
- Undertake quality credit risk assessments, within agreed service levels, as necessary for an existing portfolio of customers (including applications for increased/additional facilities) and ensuring completion on a timely basis
- Undertake financial analysis demonstrating both insight and understanding across financial statements and relevant non-financial information
- Formulate recommendations for approval via appropriate sanctioning authority, including communicating decisions / rationale in a clear and concise manner
- Proactively engage with both internal and external stakeholders, finding solutions to business propositions and where ever possible, maximising loss mitigation
- Where material deteriorating concerns are identified, or risk of loss is considered likely, undertake necessary actions to minimise potential loss as appropriate
- Participate in developing, testing and optimizing internal credit policies, ensuring consistency and regulatory compliance and assisting in the implementation of these policies and processes
- Problem solving: When unable to resolve the problem in a reasonable amount of time, escalates to the appropriate resource. Follow up on escalated issues with coaching and mentoring to learn the appropriate solution and expand overall knowledge.
- To be successful in this role, you must be a true self-starter who is prepared to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
- A strong understanding of more sophisticated credit risk management techniques and ability to apply these independently, including knowledge of financial statement analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in particular, the ability to convey complex or difficult messages in a clear and concise manner to both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work well under strict timelines whilst maintaining strong attention to detail
- Aptitude to work across various functional teams in multiple projects and serve as a credible voice for the Credit team
- A supportive attitude and willingness to assist fellow team members to develop their expertise through knowledge sharing and mentoring
- Specific credit risk experience within the travel sector
- An advanced understanding of financial statement and ratio an
- Excellent service skills to establish a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work both independently and working together in a team environment.
- Previous experience (5+ years) working in payments risk, fraud and credit underwriting. ideally direct debit experience but also PSP and merchant acquiring and credit business models.
- Confident, intelligent and motivated to develop within a high-pace, high growth payments brand
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.