- Sector: Finance
- Expiry Date: 11 June 2023
Commercial Finance Lead
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 30,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Overview of the role:
This is a key role in driving the business towards achieving its long term objectives and requires a commercially focused individual, who can work effectively at a senior management level, with both finance and non-finance stakeholders.
This will require a detailed understanding of key performance metrics, financial understanding, a forward looking mindset and the gravitas to influence people from across the business. This is a high profile role, working directly with Board level executives, reporting to the Commercial Finance Director.
You are an ambitious, motivated finance partner, with a strong grounding in financial analysis and metrics, with a broader, commercial outlook necessary to support business growth and key initiatives.
Day-to-day, you will:
· Have an in-depth knowledge of the key business drivers and how these translate in to divisional performance.
· Ownership of rolling forecast (next 12-18 month outlook) for the division, identifying risks and opportunities with suggested actions, sensitivity analysis – with the overall aim to provide a balanced but challenging forecast.
· Working with functional finance business partners to drive appropriate divisional v functional tension in our matrix structure.
· Preparation of analysis, business cases, scenario planning and strategic insight to enable better decision – be a sounding board and trusted advisor to the business. A focus on forward looking insight, advising the MD on how to maximise financial performance.
· Support on transformation projects from end to end – taking from concept, to financial modelling, operational tracking and being able to think about the multiple impacts of projects not only on the division but the wider business.
· Act as a sounding board and provide challenge to the divisional leadership team.
As a well-rounded Finance person, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
· Experienced, hands-on, qualified accountant who enjoys both the detail but also the ability to stand back and articulate the ‘so what’. Relishes working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment within a very successful private-equity backed business.
· Results oriented with a desire to drive strategic and commercial outcomes
· Highly numerate with ability to draw meaningful conclusions and drive actions from financial analysis
· Logical, with a strong drive to understand commercial drivers of the business
· Good presence and influencing skills – ideally demonstrated through working with senior management
· Strong interpersonal skills – ability to form and leverage relationships
· Good at solving problems, innovative and an inquisitive mind
· Adaptable, flexible and able to work well under time pressure, in a fast paced, matrix organization
· Excellent communicator – both written and verbal; that can challenge effectively
· Strong excel or financial modelling skills
· Can show empathy whilst maintaining Professional Integrity
· Confidence in offering your insight and ability to influence senior stakeholders
· Can operate effectively in a virtual team environment across multiple locations
· Have a great attitude, be proactive and resilient
· Professional accountancy qualification
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!