- Sector: Finance
- Expiry Date: 05 July 2021
- Job Ref: J3654
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become market leading software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 30,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Overview of the role:
This is a key role in driving the business towards achieving its long term objectives and requires a commercially focused individual, who can work effectively at a senior management level, with both finance and non-finance stakeholders. This role will be supporting the rapid organic and acquisition based growth of the business in the APAC region and will require a pragmatic and flexible problem solving mindset.
This will require a detailed understanding of key performance metrics, financial understanding, a forward looking mindset and the gravitas to influence people from across the business. This is a high profile role, working directly with Board level executives, reporting to the Finance Director.
You are an ambitious, motivated finance partner, with a strong grounding in financial analysis and metrics, with a broader, commercial outlook necessary to support business growth and key initiatives.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the key business drivers and how these translate in to functional and Group performance.
- Own the preparation of Group reporting to the Access Board, Investors and Lenders. This will involve developing a reporting framework and building the narrative on financial performance, utilising divisional insight from the divisional finance business partners.
- Ownership of rolling forecast (next 12-18 month outlook) for the region, identifying risks and opportunities with suggested actions, sensitivity analysis – with the overall aim to provide a balanced but challenging forecast.
- Working with UK finance team and various functions to ensure local consistency in reporting and ensuring they understand the local results.
- Preparation of analysis, business cases, scenario planning and strategic insight to enable better decision making for business leaders and to be a sounding board and trusted advisor to the business. A focus on forward looking insight, advising the Exec on how to maximise financial performance.
- Support on transformation projects from end to end – taking from concept to financial modelling, operational tracking and being able to think about the multiple impacts of projects not only on the region but the wider business.
- Supporting the M&A team on acquisitions from initial due diligence, support in the creation of value creation propositions, modelling out operational budgets through to integration and subsequent reporting.
- Manage two or more direct reports locally and virtually.
As a well-rounded Finance person, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
Experienced, hands-on, qualified finance professional who enjoys both the detail but also the ability to stand back and articulate the ‘so what’. Relishes working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment within a very successful private-equity backed business.
- Results oriented with a desire to drive strategic and commercial outcomes
- Highly numerate with ability to draw meaningful conclusions and drive actions from financial analysis
- Logical, with a strong drive to understand commercial drivers of the business
- Good presence and influencing skills – ideally demonstrated through working with senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to form and leverage relationships
- Good at solving problems with imperfect information to hand, innovative and an inquisitive mind
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work well under time pressure, in a fast paced, matrix organisation
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal; that can challenge effectively
- Strong excel or financial modelling skills
- Understanding of M&A principals and concepts
- Can show empathy whilst maintaining Professional Integrity
- Confidence in offering your insight and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Can operate effectively in a virtual team environment across multiple locations
- Have a great attitude, be proactive and resilient
- Professional accountancy qualification
What does Access offer you?
We are a rapidly growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 20 days holiday and flexible working arrangements you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Access to an employee share scheme to become an owner of the business
Become part of our amazing Access family!