- Sector: Finance
- Expiry Date: 30 September 2021
- Job Ref: J4280
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become market leading software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 30,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Overview of the role:
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager the role will support the development and execution of the organisations strategy through providing sound revenue and operational business analysis.
This will require a detailed understanding of key performance metrics, financial understanding, a forward-looking mindset and the gravitas to influence people from across the business.
You are high energy and commercially focused individual who is committed to making a difference and driving improved outcomes. Ideally you will have a proven background in Finance within Commercial Analyst or Management Accounting roles which had a strong business partnering requirement.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the key business drivers and how these translate in to functional and Group performance.
- Provide a link between finance and operational functions, and provide support to the senior finance business partner
- Assist department and cost centre managers in identifying opportunities for cost savings and income generation/maximisation, ensuring robust challenge and scrutiny.
- Communicate material variances to budget to the senior finance business partner and as required, prepare written monthly commentary including variance analysis.
- Proactively communicate and follow up key issues with managers.
- Provide robust financial modelling to support business cases and new initiatives within the departments.
- Driving improvement in reporting to add value to the business and build new tools for analysis
As a well-rounded Finance person, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
The ideal candidate will have a Business / Analytical degree, advanced Excel skills and 4+ years’ experience working in a commercial analyst role. Prior experience in a software industry is desirable, and the ability to effectively partner with varying stakeholders in a fast paced and complex environment is essential.
- Strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills with a solution-oriented approach
- Working closely with the Management Accounting team to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Supporting the business partner to achieve key objectives
- Working with Data Analysts and automating the retrieval of data and improvement of analytics and reporting
- Managing the budget and forecast process for your area of responsibility
- Develop a deep understanding of your business's revenue and cost drivers, and its strategic goals
- Adaptable, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal; that can challenge effectively
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders across multi-functional teams
- Strong excel or financial modelling skills
- Tableau experience preferred but not essential
- Can show empathy whilst maintaining Professional Integrity
- Can operate effectively in a virtual team environment across multiple locations
- Have a great attitude, be proactive and resilient
- Professional accountancy qualification
What does Access offer you?
We are a rapidly growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.