- Sector: Sales
- Expiry Date: 17 June 2021
- Job Ref: J3428
Business Development Manager (e-Learning Software)
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You will be someone who can…
- Develop effective relationships with prospect customers to maximise all new business sales opportunities.
- Have a sound knowledge of the full range of our Products & Services. To be able to discuss/demonstrate the value proposition for each offering.
- Hit/exceed predetermined sales targets in line with company growth targets.
- Develop and implement a prospect contact strategy ensuring prospect contact KPIs are achieved/exceeded.
- Employs a range of skills & resources in the development of qualified new business sales leads.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Effective & efficient territory Management resulting in a low cost of sale.
- Targeted to sell full portfolio of products/services.
- Using prospect database to generate new business.
- Agreed pricing structure is adhered to. Director sign off obtained & evidenced when non-standard pricing has been used to secure business.
- Company is professionally represented face to face and in all contact (telephone/email/social media etc.)
- Communication is clear and concise.
- Effectively manage a pipeline of prospect clients.
- Take personal responsibility for own cost of sales within company guidelines.
- Database to constantly evolve with any changes to personnel or additional contacts.
- Specific e mail addresses to be held to aid marketing effort.
- Sales pipeline to be kept up to date for forecasting purposes.
- BDM to develop strong relationships to encourage clients to promote products/services within all networks/professional groups.
- Clear and concise communication is maintained.
- Contact is informative and follow up action is always agreed and all activity/outcomes/next steps agreed are logged.
- Software demonstrations are arranged and delivered with a confident and positive approach. Value and Insight are accurately referenced throughout.
- Confidence and persuasive manner.
- Proposals are professional accurate and include information appropriate to the sale using standard templates at all times.
- Always result in positive Customer feedback.
- Evidence of follow up on all new business sales enquiries e.g. website
- Tight organisational and time management skills.
- Pricing quotations are accurate & in line with agreed pricing
- Information is given on the full range of products and services including clear reference to Value & Insight where appropriate.
- Forecasts are accurate and timely.
- Innovative solutions are proposed to achieve sales targets when forecasts change.
- Proposals completed within 2 working days of demonstration/client contact.
- Relevant reference sites provided.
- Accurate pricing provided.
- All activity is completed to departmental standards and within timescales agreed.
- Information is obtained, summarised and reported as it is received.
- Information facilitates decision making on future product or service developments, pricing and selling processes.
As a well-rounded Business Development Manager, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- GCSE A-C in Maths and English.
- Degree qualified in relevant subject.
- Previous experience in a B2B sales role.
- Previous field sales experience.
- Sector specific sales experience.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload.
- Excellent communication skills, telephone, email and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Act with integrity, loyalty and honesty.
- Develop positive relationships, co-operation with, and support for colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrate a positive approach.
- Show a commitment to self-development and lifelong learning.
- Travel and overnight stays where required.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.