- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 29 June 2022
- Job Ref: J6279
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It’s this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers – from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more. We’re passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
About the role:
We are seeking a talented and dynamic Business Analyst to work on a high profile and strategically significant project within the Recruitment Division at the Access Group. We want to create an outstanding user experience for our customers, and for us this starts with high quality requirements, which is why the Business Analyst will be a crucial and integral part of the project team. The role holder will work closely alongside Product Managers, UX designers and Developers and other stakeholders including some customers to develop requirements for our Volcanic product.
About you: You are an excellent analyst who is not afraid to get your hands dirty in order to understand where the real business problems lie and can communicate complex concepts clearly and succinctly.
Behaviours and skills we are seeking:
- Makes wise decisions despite ambiguity
- Able to identify root causes, and get beyond treating symptoms
- Able to separate what must be done well now, and what can be done later
- Thinks strategically
- Listens well instead of reacting fast
- Naturally curious, with a desire to learn
- Concise and articulate in speech and writing
- Treats people with respect independent of their status or disagreement with you
- Maintains calm poise in stressful situations
- Can develop requirements that deliver to our short-term needs while still aligning to the longer-term strategic vision
- Can expertly balance detail with the bigger picture
- Excellent communicator, able to communicate with and elicit requirements from people at all levels in an organisation
- Plans to test their assumptions wherever possible
- Able to quickly process large amounts of information and assimilate insights from a range of sources including user research, market analysis, internal feedback and website traffic analytics
- Experience of task analysis to understand what steps customers need to complete in order to achieve their goals
- Ability to interrogate requirements at a detailed level
- The ability to ask the right questions to assess situations, problem-solve and troubleshoot quickly and efficiently
- Proactive with a diligent, professional manner and the ability to think outside the box
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- 4 years+ experience in a Business Analyst or equivalent role
- Desirable: some experience of UX, or a demonstrated passion for creating good user experiences
What does Access offer you? We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously, and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
Private medical and life insurance
7cards sport membership
A Competitive Salary
Increase vacation days according to length of service