- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 18 December 2022
- Job Ref: J7909
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
The Access Hospitality Division is built from acquisitions of best-of-breed hospitality tech companies including Procure Wizard, DesignMyNight, Trail, RotaReady, ProNett and others. Underpinned by Access Workspace technology, we now have the most extensive hospitality ecosystems in the world with game-changing UIs, data management tools and mobile solutions. And we want you to be part of this exciting journey.
You are an experienced Business Analyst / Product Owner, ideally with a hospitality background, who has a passion for product, a well-rounded knowledge of agile development and an ability to communicate requirements and make decisions. Playing a key role in our dynamic Product Development team with support from our divisional and group-wide product function and reporting to one of our Senior Product Managers, you will play a vital role in executing the strategic product roadmap and delivering exciting and engaging solutions for our customers.
The Business Analyst fulfils the Product Owner role within an Agile Development Team, focusing on how best to execute the roadmap defined by the Product Manager as well as delivering customer change requests.
You will act as the representative of the Product Manager and, with sufficient understanding of the market, also the customer and business to make sound, informed decisions.
· Be the representative within the Agile Development Team for the Product Manager.
· Gather the requirements from the Product Manager and other Stakeholders and own their conversion into stories and supporting documents.
· Fulfilling the Agile Product Owner role:
Clearly identify and describe product backlog items building a shared understanding of the problem and solution with the development team.
Make decisions regarding the priority of product backlog items in order to deliver maximum outcome with minimum output.
Determine whether a product backlog item was satisfactorily delivered.
Assess and triage reported bugs and support cases and assist with their resolution.
· Working collaboratively with other development teams and stakeholders to ensure that dependencies are managed, and issues and risks are communicated.
· Contribute to product launch and Go to Market collateral.
· Developing and maintaining a sound understanding of customers’ business processes and requirements, becoming an expert in these areas.
Skills and Attributes:
· Flexible and pragmatic, able to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines by using effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong communication, influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills.
· Demonstrate sound judgement and be able to make decisions independently whilst recognising when to escalate for more senior approval.
· Proactive and goal orientated with a strong delivery/milestone focus.
· Identify issues early and prioritise appropriately.
· Have a strong commitment to quality.
· Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly.
· Attention to detail and consistent application of standards.
· A flair for design and UI/UX.
· Ability to take on the user perspective and to reflect this within the stories.
· Ability to interpret a high-level specification into user stories.
· Thorough knowledge of agile development methods, processes and best practices
· Well organised and self-motivated.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- Private Healthcare
- Private Life Insurance
- Christmas Bonus
- Referral Bonus
- Meal Tickets
- 7 Card gym membership paid by the company