Business Analyst - Data Analytics
What are we all about?
Access is one of most successful and fastest growing software groups in the UK. On-going commitment to excellence, customers and employees has also placed the company among the UK’s top employers in The Sunday Times’ 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for a number of years.
Over the last 5 years, we have gone from 380 employees to now currently over 3000, through both organic growth and acquisition. Access have a 2022 vision to be one of the top 10 UK Software companies which will create huge opportunity for employees and see us gain even more market share. We now have over 2 million users and over 45,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive, which include SaaS, ERP, finance, HR, Payroll, CRM, warehousing, business intelligence, professional services automation, Health and Social Care, Not for Profit, hospitality and manufacturing.
Access is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join our dynamic Workspace Product team - the most strategic area of The Access Group product lines. You will be the business sponsor for all functional development projects for your product. This role will require technical understanding, ability to engage with a technical audience, as well as product knowledge and experience.
You are an experienced Business Analyst ideally with a technical background, who has a passion for product, a well-rounded knowledge of agile developments and an ability to communicate requirements and make decisions. Playing a key role in our dynamic Product Development team with support from our group-wide product function and reporting to the Product Manager, you will play a vital role in executing the strategic product roadmap and delivering exciting and engaging solutions for our customers. Responsibilities:
• Be the representative within the Agile Development Team for the Product Manager.
• Gather the requirements from the Product Manager and other Stakeholders and own their conversion into stories and supporting documents.
• Fulfilling the Agile Product Owner role:
o Clearly identify and describe product backlog items building a shared understanding of the problem and solution with the development team.
o Make decisions regarding the priority of product backlog items in order to deliver maximum outcome with minimum output.
o Determine whether a product backlog item was satisfactorily delivered.
o Assess and triage reported bugs and support cases and assist with their resolution.
• Working collaboratively with other development teams and stakeholders to ensure that dependencies are managed, and issues and risks are communicated.
• Contribute to product launch and Go to Market collateral.
• Developing and maintaining a sound understanding of customers’ business processes and requirements, becoming an expert in these areas.
Skills and Attributes:
• Flexible and pragmatic, able to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines by using effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication, influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrate sound judgement and be able to make decisions independently whilst recognising when to escalate for more senior approval.
• Proactive and goal orientated with a strong delivery/milestone focus.
• Identify issues early and prioritise appropriately.
• Have a strong commitment to quality.
• Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly.
• Attention to detail and consistent application of standards.
• A flair for design and UI/UX.
• Ability to take on the user perspective and to reflect this within the stories.
• Ability to interpret a high-level specification into user stories.
• Thorough knowledge of agile development methods, processes and best practices
• Well organised and self-motivated.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.