- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 22 January 2022
- Job Ref: J5004
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
- You are a team player with a robust work ethic who enjoys shared success
- You are collaborative, pragmatic, positive, assertive, commercially aware and driven to continuous learning/improvement
- You demonstrate great communication skills and are able to communicate with, and advise stakeholders in various departments at various levels and client technical teams
- You demonstrate excellent technical problem solving skills
- You write clean, clear user stories with an emphasis on simplicity and ease of understanding
- You strive for success, are keen to learn and develop
- You have a can-do attitude and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You genuinely care about quality; collaboratively work with your team-mates to embed quality wherever possible
- · Develop and maintain a sound understanding of customers’ business processes and requirements, becoming an expert in these areas
- In depth understanding of our products and what they offer to customers
- By analysing customer requirements, contribute to our roadmap in order to build cutting edge SaaS products and provide more self-servicing tools to our customers/internal teams
- Clearly identify and describe product backlog items in order to build a shared understanding of the problem and solution with the product development team
- Make decisions with product managers regarding the priority of product backlog items in order to deliver maximum outcome with minimum output
- Determine whether a product backlog item was satisfactorily delivered
- Ensure transparency into the upcoming work of the product development team
- Prepare and execute sufficient tests to satisfy yourself that the stories are of good quality and ready for release
- Where additional tests or QA skills are required, liaise with the QA team to agree the test strategy and plan
- Working collaboratively with other development teams and stakeholders to ensure that dependencies are managed and issues and risks are communicated
As a well-rounded Business Analyst, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Demonstrate a positive approach
- Attention to detail
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Desire to work with a highly successful team to achieve the deadlines to deliver product releases and client launches
- Aware of evolution in various technologies they work in and understand how newer version of a technology can help them produce better software
- Show a commitment to self-development and lifelong learning
- Ability to quickly find the root cause of issues
- An interest in online learning or education technology
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience
- Experience in SaaS/online tech businesses
- Experience of customer service, pre-sales or onboarding
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.