- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 18 September 2021
- Job Ref: J3943
We make software across a huge number of markets from Finance and Payroll to Hospitality. We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing SAAS businesses with a team of over 3,000 people. This position is in Health and Social care, where our products schedule and manage care for thousands of people across the UK and Ireland. We make the apps that live in the hands of carers delivering support and assistance to people in their own homes and every day we’re 45,000+ visits. We’re the largest market incumbent and we’re making a huge reinvestment in our products.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 40,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
A Business Analyst or with experience in a comparable position, you’ll have worked with SAAS or B2C products. We want to hear about what you’ve built. You should have an in depth understanding of agile teams and explain the purpose of sprints, refinement, estimation and incremental delivery.
You will develop key systems and use your business knowledge and technical understanding to drive future enhancements of the business processes and customer facing solutions as well as working with the sponsors and project teams to define project goals, scope and timelines.
You will have:
- Have significant experience working in a digital/software product development environment
- A pragmatic approach
- Solid ability to identify and refine User Stories that follow INVEST principles
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders and teams across the business
- Experience creating documentation to communicate detailed concepts
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and diagramming tools such as Visio, Gliffy, etc
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience running workshops, facilitation and stakeholder management/communication, even in a non-product development environment
- Technical knowledge so you can understand context and challenges of software solutions (components, data flows, integration, etc)
You will need to:
- Work closely with the Product Manager to turn high level feature requests into user stories with reference to existing functionality, product strategy, stakeholders, developers and partners
- Work within a development squad with the related developers and QAs. Your own scrum team.
- Adapt, refine and prioritise user stories through review with the Product Manager, development leads and project stakeholders
- Work with clients and other stakeholders to elicit detailed specifications around feature requests
- Immerse yourself in Agile delivery activities such as sprints, stand-ups, showcases and retrospectives
- Review test plans and conduct new feature reviews to ensure required product functionality is correctly covered
- Help ensure teams are focused on MVP and subsequent incremental delivery of value
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously. We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits you will get:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy 5 further days each year
- Match contributory pension
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain each year (covid allowing)