- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 20 August 2021
- Job Ref: J3713
Associate Product Manager
This role requires a capable Associate Product Manager to work as part of an established team focused on delivering business requirements within our integrated Risk Management solutions.
The Associate Product Manager role is predominantly inward-facing, typically fulfilling the Product Owner role within an Agile Development Team, focusing on how best to build and support what the Product Manager is requesting on behalf of customers and the market.
You will act as the representative of the Product Manager and with sufficient understanding of the market, the customer and the business to make sound, informed decisions. With responsibility for accepting that stories are done, meeting the agreed acceptance criteria, you will prepare and execute sufficient tests to satisfy yourself that the stories are of good quality and ready for release.
- Be the representative within the development for the Product Manager across a variety of products as required including Access Health and Safety and Access Protect solutions.
- Gather the requirements from the Product Manager and other Stakeholders, and own the conversion of the requirements into stories and supporting documents
- Be able to take a high level proof of concept and quickly translate it into epics and stories to allow the development team to build out the concept
- Clearly identify and describe product backlog items in order to build a shared understanding of the problem and solution with the product development team
- Make decisions in conjunction with the Product Manager regarding the priority of product backlog items in order to deliver maximum outcome with minimum output
- Ensure transparency into the upcoming work of the product development team
- Prepare and execute sufficient tests to satisfy yourself that the stories are of good quality and ready for release. Where additional tests or QA skills are required, you will liaise with the QA team to agree the test strategy and plan
- Work collaboratively with other development teams and stakeholders to ensure that dependencies are managed and issues and risks are communicated
- Contribute to product launch and Go to Market collateral
- Develop and maintain a sound understanding of customers’ business processes and requirements
- Flexible and pragmatic, able to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines by using effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates good behaviours: positive, results focused, assertive, commercially aware and driven to continuous learning/improvement
- Strong communication, influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Demonstrates sound judgement, able to make decisions independently whilst recognising when to escalate for more senior approval
- Proactive, works at pace, goal orientated with a strong delivery/milestone focus
- Identifies issues early and prioritises appropriately
- Ability to take on the user perspective and to reflect this within the stories
- Ability to interpret a high level specification into user stories
- Thorough knowledge of agile development methods, processes and best practices
- Willingness to adapt to fast changes in work priorities when required
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.