- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 12 December 2020
- Job Ref: J2572
*** This vacancy can be based anywhere in the UK ***
The Associate Product Manager fulfils the Product Owner role within an Agile Development (Scrum) Team, focusing on how best to execute the strategic roadmap defined by the Senior Product Manager as well as delivering customer change requests.
You will develop key systems and use your business knowledge and commercial awareness to drive future enhancements of the business processes and customer facing solutions as well as working with the sponsors and project teams to define project goals, scope and timelines.
Day-to-day, you responsibilities will include:
- Works with the Product Managers and Head of Product to provide input to Product Strategies, Roadmaps and Business Cases.
- Using an understanding and appreciation of the Market, customer problems and Competitive landscape along with research and metrics to inform decisions.
- Fulfilling the Agile Product Owner role:
- Clearly identify and describe product backlog items in order to build a shared understanding of the problem and solution with the product development team
- Make decisions regarding the priority of product backlog items in order to deliver maximum outcome with minimum output
- Determine whether a product backlog item was satisfactorily delivered
- Ensure transparency into the upcoming work of the product development team.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of customers’ business processes and requirements, becoming a product expert, able to do pre-sales demos of all of their products.
- Contributes to the development, implementation and execution of launch plans.
- Supports sales and go to market initiatives for the existing products, owning the creation of sales & demonstration material, content for lead generation, and presentations/content for user group meetings.
- Works with the colleagues to understand the overall portfolio.
- Contributes to engagement with clients through Special Interest Groups, User Groups and other events.
As a well-rounded Associate Product Manager, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Able to communicate well with team members and stakeholders on deliverables and approach. Demonstrates ability to communicate and listen appropriately depending on the audience. Able to communicate and collaborate with other teams.
- Can provide comprehensive requirements feedback, highlighting omissions, gaps and potential areas of confusion.
- Commercially aware with a good understanding of market drivers and client needs.
- Flexible and pragmatic, able to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines by using effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Accredited to the agreed level for the role.
- Ability to think creatively and exploit opportunities
- Good communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach.
- Proactive, works at pace, goal orientated with a strong delivery/milestone focus
- Demonstrates sound judgement, able to make decisions independently whilst recognising when to escalate for more senior approval
- Demonstrates good product knowledge able to clearly articulate value and works with marketing to define value proposition and competitive intelligence.
- Regularly takes ownership for team retrospectives and goals.
- Participates in customer meetings, able to talk clearly about product roadmaps and futures.
- Along with wider product responsibilities can fulfil the role of Product Owner within an Agile Development (Scrum) Team.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain