- Sector: Finance
- Expiry Date: 23 December 2022
- Job Ref: J7993
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
An exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join this dynamic, fast-paced group that requires people with a hands on approach. We are on a journey to build the best-in-class group finance function to support the rapid growth of the Group and you will be part of that team.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant the role will include responsibility to help prepare the management and statutory accounts whilst maintaining balance sheet reconciliations, posting month end transactions and reviewing, and ensuring group accounting policies are applied.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Month end processing and close.
- Managing accruals, prepayments etc across the group
- Assisting with Balance sheet reconciliations and resolve any queries relating to variances.
- Producing and posting journals at month end such as unallocated cash accruals
- Produce reports on reallocations of costs and post reallocations
- Liaise with other areas to gather information eg Stock
- Analysing unsubmitted credit cards and expenses – and following up to get submitted
- Providing support to other finance staff involved in Balance sheet control accounts(e.g. Payroll)
- Provide support to the Senior Financial Accountant and carry out any other ad hoc tasks as required
- Ensure accurate trial balance for consolidation
- Support the preparation of financial statements for subsidiaries
Your skills and experiences might also include:
Access is looking for an individual who is enthusiastic, motivated and passionate with a strong work ethic. The successful candidate will positively demonstrate the following attributes:
- AAT level 4 or equivalent and actively studying for ACCA/CIMA qualification or equivalent
- You must be a self starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and operate effectively in a fast paced evolving environment.
- You will have a proactive approach, inquisitive by nature with a strong eye for detail
- Credible and professional behaviour
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to work in a dynamic environment
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.