- Sector: Finance
- Expiry Date: 27 August 2022
- Job Ref: J5708
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 55,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join this dynamic, fast-paced group that requires people with a hands on approach. We are on a journey to build the best-in-class group finance function to support the rapid growth of the Group and you will be part of that team.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant role will include responsibility to help prepare the management and statutory accounts whilst maintaining balance sheet reconciliations, posting month end transactions and reviewing, and ensuring group accounting policies are applied.
The Job in more detail
- Month end processing and close.
- Managing accruals, prepayments etc across the group
- Assisting with Balance sheet reconciliations and resolve any queries relating to variances.
- Producing and posting journals at month end such as unallocated cash accruals
- Produce reports on reallocations of costs and post reallocations
- Liaise with other areas to gather information eg Stock
- Analysing unsubmitted credit cards and expenses – and following up to get submitted
- Providing support to other finance staff involved in Balance sheet control accounts(e.g. Payroll)
- Provide support to the financial accountant and carry out any other ad hoc tasks as required
- Ensure accurate trial balance for consolidation
- Support the preparation of financial statements for subsidiaries
Access is looking for an individual who is enthusiastic, motivated and passionate with a strong work ethic. The successful candidate will positively demonstrate the following attributes:
- AAT level 4 or equivalent and actively studying for ACCA qualification or equivalent
- You must be a self starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and operate effectively in a fast paced evolving environment.
- You will have a proactive approach, inquisitive by nature with a strong eye for detail
- Credible and professional behaviour
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to work in a dynamic enviromnment