- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 15 August 2021
- Job Ref: J3991
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Workspace team. Workspace is the core platform for the Access technology ecosystem, bring hundreds of products and capabilities together in one place.
The immediate needs of the role are focussed upon (but not limited to) the data ‘pillar’ of Workspace – designing solutions which ensure we manage data on a massive scale, as the company and product usage continues to grow.
- You are an accomplished Architect focussed on innovative design leading to high quality delivery through Development teams
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, acting as a catalyst for autonomous squads to unleash their potential
- You are thorough and considered in your approach. You can visualise long term solutions, and convey those solutions to others, but also recognise the importance of iterative delivery.
- You account for tech debt in your solutions, and advocate standards and approaches which avoid the accrual of debt
- You have experience with data-manipulation, dataflows and efficient and secure approaches to accessing, querying and moving data
- You have Experience with working with cloud technologies such as Azure or AWS
- You own problems, and crave the autonomy to solve them taking responsibility demonstrating good decision-making to achieve them pragmatically
- You proactively share knowledge and enjoy coaching staff in order to improve the technical competency of the teams you work with
- You consider security, service and performance as ‘a given’ and bake them into your designs
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design architecture solutions that are aligned to long term business goals, but able to help squads disseminate those solutions into vertical slices where necessary
- Provide technical oversight to squads working primarily on data management improvements
- Work with Development and Product personnel to help refine high level backlog items in readiness for team consumption, where necessary. Ensure strong architectural principles are inherent in those items
- Design/improve a data infrastructure that supports complex data analytics services
- Build effective relationships with senior technical staff ensuring a common understanding of goals and challenges
- Liaise with the wider Architecture community, to understand common themes and solutions across the group – contribute to, and learn from that community
- Create diagrams showing key data entities and their traversal through the platform/products
- Help to maintain the integrity and security of the company’s data assets
- Work closely with the local management team, including other Architects, DevOps and Quality leads, as well as Development Managers
- Contribute to the continuous development of processes and improvements
- Act as a consultancy point for deep technical issues, where needed
- Creation of technical documentation where required
Your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Technology & Tools:
- Experience with .NET and SQL Server is required
- ASP.NET Core
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Relational database design, Query Optimisation, Indexing etc…
- T-SQL – Writing efficient SQL, Stored Procedures and Functions
- Message queue systems such as RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus
- SSIS or similar data tools
- CI/CD tooling such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, TeamCity etc
- Experience of Cloud Technologies
- Experience with containerisation tech such as Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Desirable Experience:
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to make you successful. We will help you carve out your career path. You will enjoy lots of training both in the UK and in Romania to accelerate your career.
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to grow, you will enjoy a fun environment on top of our standard benefits.