Back to job search
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
This position is for an Android Developer to be part of a growing development team. Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be influential in the design and enhancement of our Access Care Planning mobile application which is used for managing care in the Health & Social Care sector.
You will have accountability for ensuring our software meets business requirements and aligns with technology and governance standards and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
You are a dynamic, skilled developer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do. You are strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team. You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an agile scrum environment. You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic company. You will work closely with server side members of the team, contribute to planning sessions and architect technical solutions as well as guide the technical evolution of products.
• Expert experience using Android SDK and Android Studio
• Strong Java skills plus an understanding of Unit Testing / UI Testing frameworks in general
• Android architecture components
• Experience using Git
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum processes
• Offline data storage and synchronisation
• Familiar with Firebase and Google Play/app release process
• Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensures dev standards are established, known and followed within agile team.
• Actively participate in requirements analysis: highlight omissions and gaps; pro-actively contribute to discussions; and understand the scope, risk and complexity of changes by challenging and providing feedback to the stories and acceptance criteria
• Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools
• Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability
• Implementation and/or management of CI Pipelines, build tooling, and environments and management/execution of Production releases
• Management of/contribution towards effective source control, ensuring isolation and ability to manage multiple branches
• Own, manage and be accountable for specific projects and deliverables, managing risks and dependencies with autonomy.
• Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team
• Champion a quality focussed approach including: good planning; branch strategy; promoting/participating in early discovery of defects; code reviews; unit testing where appropriate; and collaboration with the QA team.
• Ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, and clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate
As a well-rounded Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• A passion for software and technology
• Quick learning capability, easily picking up new technical concepts
• High standard of written and spoken English
• Open and collaborative style
• Problem solver
• Creative and innovative
• Can commit to delivering and maintaining high standards
• Manage time efficiently and effectively
• Pragmatic, competitive and driven to continuous learning/improvement
• Development and deployment of Enterprise SaaS solutions.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
‘Register your CV with us today for our future hires, please note this isn't a live vacancy.’
about 1 month ago